“If voting changed anything, they’d make it illegal.”
The main reason I don’t vote anymore is because it doesn’t matter. It’s futile and a waste of precious time. When the media, politicians or academia tell you that your voice matters, they’re lying to you. Your voice is useless. They know that, but you don’t.
I bet some of you right now reading this think that I’m either a wacko or just pure wrong. But I’d also bet that you can’t tell me one example when voting really impacted your life. Let’s be honest with ourselves, voting in a democracy amplified by imperialism and controlled by financial vultures and military interests is a charade. It’s just a manufactured illusion to get the masses to assume that they’re being governed with their own approval. Voting is consenting to be ruled by unlawful men. I stopped consenting. And you should too. Butler Shaffer put it perfectly when he wrote “If I am of the view that politics is destroying our world – and let us not forget that politics managed to kill off some 200,000,000 of our fellow humans in the 20th century alone – am I prepared to direct my energies into such a destructive system?”
- There is no difference between Republicans and Democrats. This should be the most obvious and apparent reason not to vote. But most folks actually believe there is a difference. Both parties believe in deficits, debt, endless wars, loose monetary policy, corporate-welfare and coercion. Both parties want to obliterate our civil liberties. Obama ran his campaign as a polar opposite of G. Bush. Amazingly, his presidency is like Bush on steroids. They both have over 90% of the same policies. And what’s crazy is, Obama has actually extended the Bush wars and illegally invaded a few more countries unconstitutionally. He has actually been worse than Bush on Wars. Who would’ve thunk it? And the Republicans think he’s weak on Foreign Policy? What? I’d hate to see who else they would’ve bombed. Obama also raved against,with good reason, the Patriot Act implemented by Bush that allows the government to wiretap phones, spy on emails and conduct warrantless searches. Everything opposite of a so-called free country. So when Obama took office, not only did he not abolish this horrific law, but he signed something extremely worse. The NDAA bill gives the president the power to assassinate American citizens who he deems a threat without due process. Democrats are supposed to stand for civil liberties. Obama has obliterated the Bill of Rights. For more on this, click for my blog here. The two-party system is set up for the people to blame the other side rather than government as a whole. It also restricts and isolates anyone who might think outside the boundaries of the Republican or Democrat chain of thought.
- Voting is unethical. All American politicians abide by the principal of using force to alter behavior. They believe in spreading they’re ideas-whether domestic or foreign- through coercion and compulsion. So by voting, you indirectly endorse the use of physical force and violence to correct behavior on people who harm no one. I don’t believe that the state should be allowed to kidnap an individual and throw them in a cage for smoking a plant. I do not believe the notion that the government should have first dibs on the fruits of my labor. I don’t believe the government has the right to invade other countries without a declaration of war. I don’t believe in the pentagon using massive drone strikes around the globe that is resulting in the murder of innocent children. All politicians endorse these criminal acts and so voting for them is to be complicit to their crimes.
- Voting is theft. Most people vote, not for the candidate, but for what they offer. Poor people vote for Democrats, because they promise them welfare checks. Defense contractors vote for Republicans, because they promise them wars. Farmers vote for whoever is going subsidize them the most. Christians vote for Republicans because they support religious programs and fund a family values agenda. The unemployed vote for whoever’s going to extend unemployment benefits. Senior citizens vote for whoever funds Medicare and social security. So the whole voting scheme is picking someone on a ballot who promises to steal money from productive people and give it to them or they’re institution. Or they vote to restrain by law other people’s action they don’t agree with. Whether its money or freedom…its theft. As William Graham Sumner once wrote, “The history of the human races is one long story of attempts by certain persons and classes to obtain control of the power of the State, so as to win earthly gratifications at the expense of others.”
- Democracy is a horrible form of government…so I refuse to participate in the whole system. Democracy is a cute little professional name for mob rule. It’s when 51% of the people have their way over the remaining 49%. I don’t vote because I don’t want to impose my views or system on you as I would not like for you to impose your views or system on me. The founders of our Nation thought democracy a harmful form of government. They realized it always led to despotism, which we are witnessing now, and then strangles itself to death in the end. John Adams understood this when he stated that “democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” Finally, in the great words of H.L Menken, “Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
- Voting makes you think politically instead of economically or individually to fix problems in society. When we vote, we are giving the approval to some self-serving politician to fix the troubles in our community. When a crisis stirs the community or the nation, we tend to look for someone to rule over us and tell us what to do instead of choosing to deal with it ourselves. Instead of looking to the state for a remedy, we should start looking to ourselves to improve our own way of life and the lives of others. Politics and central planning is the problem we have to overcome.
In truth, America is run by a few elite. We’ve evolved into an oligarchy in the worse way. Every four years these elite put on a show called elections. The masses participate in this show falsely believing they’ve inherited the opportunity to change their country’s destiny. Unfortunately they play right into the oligarchy’s hands. This false impression is what leads us down the same road decade after decade. And just as Goethe said, “none are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” So if you cherish individual freedom and self-sovereignty…don’t vote. Revolutionary change always begins with the withdrawal of the people’s consent to be ruled over.